Risk less when becoming an entrepreneur. Same chances to succeed
Being an entrepreneur is usually more risky than working in the corporate environment for a company. When you work for somebody you just wait for your paycheck to come each month at the exact same time. But if you want to become an entrepreneur, you have to invest some of your best assets in building your independence: time and money. And there is no telling if you are to succeed or to fail miserably.
Considering that going on the entrepreneurship path might just be the riskiest thing I ever did, (Hey Mom, its even more risky than riding my bike – a Honda Nighthawk 🙂 ) I’ve started to look for some not so problematic alternatives. This is how when I’ve decided it might just be the best time to also build my own company. So here I am, working from 9 to 5 in a huge bureaucratic organization and having my own company in the same time – at home. I actually have invented a joke about my life style: when leaving home from the 9 to 5 job, I always say, well its about time to go to the “office” 🙂 Let me present you the advantages and disadvantages of having a regular job and being an entrepreneur in the same time:
- I still get the regular paycheck from the 9 to 5 job
- Working at another company keeps me connected to the market
- I’m completely relaxed in what regards the outcome of my entrepreneurship adventure
- I have more money than I could ever have by doing only one thing
- Having 2 jobs helps me have fresh ideas all the time
- I gain more experience from both working places
- I learn new things as I’m not in a closed environment like I would have been while being only an entrepreneur
- Its more fun and more rewarding
Let’s consider some of the disadvantages:
- I have 0 social life
- I’m always tired and on the run
- Never have enough time to explore on the entrepreneurship
- Missed some business opportunities
- Don’t always have the mood to keep on working at home
- Difficult to stay connected with the clients
So what’s the big story? Well, if you are feeling about entrepreneurship like an insecure, scary thing, having a regular job from 9 to 5 makes entrepreneurship more fun an stress free.
So think about, why not build your own company while still working at your regular job?