Public Liability Insurance

So, you know that if you’re thinking of running a business where members of the public have any kind of access to your premises (or you go on visits to theirs) some kind of insurance is advisable in case of accidents. Public Liability Insurance covers most circumstances.
Did you know, however, that if you are putting on a one-off event (such as a wedding, concert or even a switch on of the Christmas Lights) that PLI will cover you here too?

In the event that there is an accident, damage to your property or damage to a third party’s property caused by you, Public Liability Insurance is a must for your piece of mind. You won’t have to worry about your legal fees, their legal fees should you be found negligent or any claim of compensation made – PLI will take care of this for you.

There are tailor made policies available if you are wanting cover for just one night, two nights, a long weekend – it’s all up to you. Do your research and make sure you know exactly what you’re paying for before you sign that line though. Talk to a solicitor if you’re still not sure, have a look at the information online. There are plenty of people at the other end of the phone who will be able to talk you through what you need, what will be covered and most important of all, what it will cost. PLI isn’t the cheapest insurance out there, but to keep an easy mind, it’s probably one of the best.

If you’re putting on something like a gymkhana, be aware that PLI will probably be mandatory. For everything else it’s not a legal requirement, though you might find it easier to organise things if you do have it – some venues will require proof before they will let you hire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Send this to a friend